The new iMac features next-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls. All from a beautiful, widescreen 27-inch LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It’s everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before.
The iMac’s display offers a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution (for native 1080p high-definition viewing), and it uses IPS technology to deliver consistent color across an ultra wide 178 degree viewing angle. This 27-inch model (MC813LL/A) offers improved graphics with AMD Radeon HD 6770M discrete graphics featuring 512 MB of GDDR5 memory, a 1 TB hard drive, and 4 GB of installed RAM. Other features include integrated Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth connectivity, an SD card slot (compatible with SDHC and SDXC cards), one Thunderbolt port, a FireWire 800 port, and a total of four USB 2.0 ports
It also comes with the Mac OS X Lion operating system as well as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Next-Generation Quad-Core Intel Processor
This iMac is powered by a second-generation Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (dubbed “Sandy Bridge”), which provides breakthrough digital media management, content creation, and 3D gaming capabilities. With updated Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the latest Core i5 increases speed automatically for whatever you’re doing, dynamically accelerating performance to match your workload.
Intel’s Hyper-Threading Technology enables each core of your processor to work on two tasks at the same time, delivering the performance you need for smart multitasking. And you’ll enjoy a rich set of new features for a stunning and seamless visual experience with no additional hardware. The “Sandy Bridge” Core i5 processor also provides faster access to the installed RAM, with an integrated memory controller to connect fast 1333 MHz memory directly to the processor.
Revolutionary Thunderbolt Technology
Developed by Intel with collaboration from Apple, high-speed Thunderbolt I/O (input/output) technology delivers an amazing 10 gigabits per second of transfer speeds in both directions. Built into the iMac, the Thunderbolt port allows you to connect to new Thunderbolt-compatible peripherals as well as existing USB and FireWire peripherals using simple adapters. You’ll be able to move data up to 20 times faster than with USB 2.0 and more than 12 times faster than with FireWire 800, and you can daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub. Thunderbolt also supports DisplayPort for high resolution displays and works with existing adapters for HDMI, DVI and VGA displays.
Bright, Colorful Display
This 27-inch, all-in-one Apple iMac features an edge-to-edge glass display that utilizes LED backlighting for improved brightness and energy efficiency as well as In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology, which delivers consistent color across a wide 178-degree viewing angle.
You’ll be able to cut the cord with the included Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, both of which connect to the iMac using Bluetooth wireless technology. Additionally, the Magic Mouse features a seamless Multi-Touch surface that enables you to use the same intuitive gestures used on the MacBook trackpad to easily scroll through long documents or swipe to move forward or backward through a collection of web pages or photos. And it can be configured as either a single- or two-button mouse.
And with the FaceTime HD camera placed above the display in the iMac’s thin aluminum and glass design, you’ll be able to make video calls in HD 720p resolution to friends and family on another iMac or MacBook. Additionally, you’ll be able to connect to those using an iPad 2, iPhone 4, or iPod touch.
- 27-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with IPS technology, a 2560 x 1440-pixel resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 178-degree viewing angle (horizontal and vertical). Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display.
- 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (“Sandy Bridge”) with 6 MB shared L3 cache for excellent multitasking.
- 1 TB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 16 GB)
- AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor (with 512 MB of DDR5 SDRAM discrete video memory) for high performance when playing 3D games, editing HD video, or running design software.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
- Built-in FaceTime camera for video chatting (up to HD 720p resolution when connecting to other Macs)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Side-loading SDXC card slot
- Four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- Two Thunderbolt ports
- Mini DisplayPort video output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately).
- Built-in stereo speakers with two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers along with built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Wall-mountable with optional VESA Mount Adapter Kit.
- Dimensions: 25.6 x 8.15 x 20.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 30.5 pounds
Introducing the new Mac mini. Redesigned in a very big way.
A completely redesigned, compact aluminum enclosure hides a powerful, full-size computer. And now with up to twice the graphics horsepower as before, Mac mini brings high performance to everything from 3D games to photos and video. Just connect Mac mini to your display, keyboard, mouse–even your HDTV, courtesy of a built-in HDMI port. It’s the most affordable way to enjoy a Mac. And it’s still the world’s most energy-efficient desktop computer.
This version of the Mac mini (model MC270LL/A) features a faster Intel Core 2 Duo processor and next-generation NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics as well as 2 GB of RAM (expandable to 8 GB) and 320 GB of hard drive storage. It also comes with the Mac OS X Snow Leopard operating system as well as the iLife software suite, which includes the latest versions of iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Free Upgrade to OS X Lion
This Mac comes pre-installed with OS X Snow Leopard, but you can order a free upgrade to OS X Lion via Apple’s OS X Lion Up-To-Date program for a limited time (depending on the date of your purchase).
Purchased Between June 6 and July 20, 2011
If you purchased a new Mac with OS X Snow Leopard from Amazon between these dates, you must enter your order from the Apple Online Store by August 19, 2011.
Purchased After July 21, 2011
If you purchased a new Mac with OS X Snow Leopard from Amazon after the official OS X Lion release date (on or after July 21, 2011), you must enter your order within 30 days of the date of your purchase.
Small Footprint, Excellent Versatility
Featuring a new unibody construction, the Mac mini reduces its footprint over its predecessor by 20 percent. It even houses its own integrated power supply into the 7.7-inch square aluminum enclosure (that’s also 1.4 inches thin)–eliminating the need for an external power brick (as the previous version of the Mac mini had). Additionally, the Mac mini helps contain your environmental footprint with a 10 watt power consumption–a 25 percent reduction from the previous generation.
But despite its smaller size, the Mac mini offers a full range of ports for connecting to your existing peripherals–from keyboards and mice to external hard drives and displays (now via the HDMI port). And when you’re ready to add more memory, the Mac mini’s bottom removable panel makes the upgrade process a breeze.
Intel Core 2 Duo Processing
Combining fast processing speeds with power-saving features, the Intel Core 2 Duo processor provides greater multitasking performance by combining two independent processor cores while also reducing power requirements and saving on battery life. This Intel Core 2 Duo processor has a 2.4 GHz processor speed, speedy 1066 MHz front-side bus (FSB), and 3 MB L2 cache. (An L2, or secondary, cache temporarily stores data; and a larger L2 cache can help speed up your system’s performance. The FSB carries data between the CPU and RAM, and a faster front-side bus will deliver better overall performance.)
High Performance Graphics
Powered by the NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card, the Mac mini allows you to view flawless video in full screen HD and play the latest games with fast frame rate. It’s a great match to editing video masterpieces with iMovie and managing your photos in iPhoto, and it comes with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM that’s shared with main memory.
- Fast 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor helps you breeze through everyday tasks such as emailing, web browsing, and working with documents, spreadsheets, and presentations in iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac (both sold separately).
- NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics processor (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for an outstanding everyday graphics experience.
- 320 GB hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 2 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones.
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- One FireWire 800 port
- HDMI audio/video output with support for up to 1920-by-1200 resolution and multichannel audio output (included adapter for DVI output).
- Mini DisplayPort video output with support for up to 2560-by-1600 resolution (optional adapter for VGA output).
- Combined optical digital output/headphone output (also includes line-in/microphone jack)
- Secure Digital (SD) memory card slot
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 7.7 x 1.4 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 3.0 pounds
What’s in the Box
Mac mini; power cord; HDMI to DVI Adapter; install/restore DVDs; printed and electronic documentation
Limited Warranty And Service
The Mac mini comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a 1-year limited warranty, which can be extended to 3 years with the AppleCare Protection Plan.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard (includes iTunes, Time Machine, Quick Look, Spaces, Spotlight, Dashboard, Mail, iChat, Safari, Address Book, QuickTime, iCal, DVD Player, Photo Booth, Front Row, Xcode Developer Tools, and more)
iLife helps you do more with photos, movies, and music than you ever thought possible. In iPhoto, you can browse, edit, and share your photos in stunning new full-screen views. Create epic Hollywood-style movie trailers from your home video in iMovie. And GarageBand gives you everything you need to make a great-sounding song–including tools for keeping your song in perfect rhythm and guitar and piano lessons.
- iLife (includes iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD)
AppleCare Protection Plan
Because Apple makes the hardware, the operating system, and many applications, the Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call. Extend the complimentary service and support on your Mac to 3 years from the original Mac purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct telephone access to Apple experts for technical questions, and you get global repair coverage–including both parts and labor–for your Mac and select Apple peripherals.