Product Description, Introducing the new iMac. The ultimate all-in-one goes all out. The new iMac features next-generation quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls.* All from a beautiful widescreen LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It’s everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before. *FaceTime requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.
- 21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with IPS technology, a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 178-degree viewing angle (horizontal and vertical). Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display.
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 quad-core processor (“Sandy Bridge”) with 6 MB shared L3 cache for excellent multitasking.
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (7200 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 16 GB)
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor (with 512 MB of DDR5 SDRAM discrete video memory) for high performance when playing 3D games, editing HD video, or running design software.
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/
- Built-in FaceTime camera for video chatting (up to HD 720p resolution when connecting to other Macs)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000BASE-T)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Side-loading SDXC card slot
- Four USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- One Thunderbolt port
- Mini DisplayPort video output with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately).
- Built-in stereo speakers with two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers along with built-in microphone, optical digital audio output/headphone out, optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Dimensions: 20.8 x 7.42 x 17.75 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 20.5 pounds
- 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
- 500GB Hard Drive
- 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, DVD SuperDrive
- 21.5″ LED-backlit display with a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, AMD Radeon HD 6750M
- Mac OS X v10.7 Lion
Processor, Memory, and Motherboard
- Hardware Platform: Mac
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
- Number of Processors: 1
- RAM: 4 GB
- RAM Type: SDRAM
- Max RAM: 16 GB
- Memory Slots: 4
- Size: 500 GB
- Manufacturer: SATA
- Type: Serial ATA
- Speed: 7200 rpm
- Additional Drives: DVD+-RW
Graphics and Display
- Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6750M
- Graphics RAM: 512 MB
- Interface: Integrated
- LCD Native Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Ports and Connectivity
- USB Ports: 4
- USB 2.0 Ports: 4
- FireWire Ports: 1
- VGA Video Out Ports: 1
Cases and Expandability
- Size (LWH): 22.2 inches, 9.3 inches, 25.5 inches
- Weight: 27.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 22.2 x 9.3 x 25.5 inches ; 27.6 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 28.2 pounds
- Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
- ASIN: B004YKXGIK
- Item model number: MC309LL/A
About time touch screen laptops and desktop computers are finally flooding the market. All new HP models will have Windows 7.0 operating system.
Although HP wasn’t first to introduce touch screen computers into the market, as Dell already had a $2000 version debuting in spring, TouchSmart series are definitely aimed at average consumers. Toshiba will also have a few touch screen laptops coming out at the beginning of November. It will also feature a webcam and “photo booth” interactive touch screen app. Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Recipe Box and many other touch enabled apps are also included in both laptops and desktop pc’s.
Designed particularly for fast-growing touch technology, useless background activities are eliminated for faster loading and turn-off times, as well as greatly improved and simplified operating system to sufficiently increase battery life.
Touch screen info booths have become familiar sights in museums, zoos and travel points. Point-of-sale tills ave use touch screen technology for years. Department stores offer touch screen kiosks for wedding gift selection. The HP TouchSmart PC’s touch interface allows the user to control photos, music and video by tapping or flicking. With Microsoft’s new Windows 7 designed for touch screen applications, there’s never been a better time to abandon the mouse, at least for simple tasks.